Quakers have a long history of advocating peace and a high standard of truth and equality. Quakers in Britain employ an Edinburgh-based Parliamentary Engagement Officer to carry on with this work in the Scottish Parliament at Holyrood.
The officer's work is overseen by the Parliamentary Engagement Working Group which has one representative from each Area Meeting on it.
The priorities are:
Other areas which have received attention are
- Prisoner Voting Rights
- Children’s Rights
- The Arms Trade
PARLIAMENTARY ENGAGEMENT OFFICER: ANDREW TOMLINSON can be contacted by email: andrewt [at] quaker.org.uk
Members of the Parliamentary Engagement Working Group are:
- Joyce Taylor (Convenor)
- Martin Mansell and Ed Tyler (West Scotland AM)
- Martin Pippard (East of Scotland AM)
- Rosemary Hartill (South East Scotland AM)
- William Purser (North Scotland AM)
- Carolyn Burch (East of Scotland AM)
- Richard Raggett (East of Scotland AM)